Prestashop Admin: Recover Access
This Prestashop tutorial suggests you two ways to recover access to Prestashop admin.
If you forget your admin password, you can reset your password by e-mail. This is the easiest way.
In case this option is not available, you may want to reset the password in the database manually via Control Panel to access the Admin Panel. For example the e-mail method that you have integrated into the Prestashop website does not work correctly.
2 simple ways:
Recover Access to Prestashop Admin in database
This is the way I usually use for my demo websites. Here we manually reset the admin password in the database. Follow this step-by-step tutorial:
- Step I: Open and edit your-website/config/settings.inc.php file (Prestashop 1.5, 1.6), or your-website/app/config/parameters.php (Prestashop 1.7) using your file manager tool from cPanel or ftp.
Step II: Find the COOKIE_KEY (cookie_key : Prestashop 1.7), and then copy the long alphanumeric value that follows.
- Step III: Remember the value of the _DB_NAME_ variable (or database_name : Prestashop 1.7). It is the name of your PrestaShop database.
Step IV: Access your Prestashop database manager (for example phpMyadmin), click the name of the PrestaShop database that you got in step III.
- Step V: Access the ps_employee table.
- Step VI: Edit the row for the administrator login that you want to reset.
Step VII: Find the passwd row. Put into the Value field your new administrator password after the alphanumeric value you got in Step II. Please remember there should not be a space between the two values.
For example 3453kfhdjkfsjkfsdmynewpassword.
- Step VIII: Choose MD5 in the Function list box for the passwd lines. Save your database.
Reset the admin password by email
This is the simplest solution:
- Step I: Click on Lost password on the Prestashop Admin login page.
- Step II: Fill into Email address field the administrator email address. Then the new administrator password will be sent to the mailbox.
But sometime, it's not working. Do you know what? We usually use an SMTP account for sending the email on Prestashop. Sometime we forgot to set up these values inside Administration Panel. Discover How to set up an SMTP for Prestashop website for sending Prestashop email without using any addons.
Now you can use the new password to access your Administrator area.